Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Early Fire Extinguished

I clearly know how to play a short stack, but do i know how to manage a big one? Playing the $40 daily tournament yesterday was unstoppable early, quickly amassing over 3x starting stack.  Unfortunately my table broke and was moved to a seat immediately to the left of 2 lucky idiots with big stacks.  It was an aggressive table with lots of preflop and flop shoving.  The wheels began coming off when in the unraised big blind with A/10 both players limp.  The flop comes 10S/9D/3D.  I bet almost pot (think blinds were 200/400) and both players call.  Turn is JS.  I bet 3000 into the 4000 pot.  They both call.  River is 7S.  We all check.  Small blind turns over K/8 D for the rivered straight.  Crap, chased the flush and backed into straight.

Moving tables again, I raise from the cutoff with A/6, and yes I am a little on tilt.  The big blind calls, flop is A/10/10.  He checks, I c-bet and he shoves a small stack.  Call.  He has A/K, and I am now short., with 3 blinds.  I limp with J/9, big blind bets the K/9/x and I call.  He reveals K/9, and I am gone.  60 plus players, out in maybe 25th place talking to myself. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Don't feel alone. I've been known to talk to myself all the way from Pendleton to Pasco LOL.