Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Tells in a bubbalicious game

Retreating to tournaments after up and down cash games, played in Sunday $60 tournament with 60 entries.  I ran pretty good and had a very good young player to my immediate left.  He was aggressive but had a big tell.  If planning to play the hand, he would throw a chip on his cards, otherwise uncovered and muck.  Plus, he was aggressive and nearly always came in with a raise.  This really helped me as I could fold more speculative hands, limp with big hands, and sometimes raise when in cutoff.

Long story short, down to 11 players, paying 10 just knew my short stack was doomed.  Miraculously I made the final table, but with only 3/4 of a big blind (2000/4000, I had 3000).  Very bad seat draw put me into big blind first hand.  Not a horrible hand, 10/8 suited, and thanks to a raise by A/Q, heads up.  Missed a straight draw and out for a $100 payday.  Made the table laugh when I said I was feeling bubbalicious.

No comments: