Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dry Pot Bluff Collusion?

Despite finishing in 3rd place in a 62 player tournament today, I left frustrated and a little tilted.  Down to 4 or 5 players with blinds at 2000/4000, I am in the big blind with 4/8. UTG limps a huge stack, short stack of 6500 shoves, the other big stack calls.  Hmm, I call with great pot odds as does the limper.   Flop is something like 10/2/2. We all check.  Turn is a 7?  We all check.  River is an 8.  Big stack 1 bets big, enough to put me all in.  We both fold.  He reveals k/Q and the all in scoops with weak ace.  I was shocked.  Later the other big stack is eliminated and 3 way I am in distant 2nd place.  The big stack was raising light, like very weak aces, so despite my opinion that I could outlast the shorter stack it was a snap call for all my chips with A/J suited when he raised.  Oops, this time he had A/Q and I am out.  I have not even left the table when the big stack offers to chop with the guy holding 2 blinds.  Same guy he saved when he bet me off the best hand.  Collusion? Think they were both Canadian and really clueless rookies.  Never know.  I was fairly happy with my $140 win on a $5. buy in ($20 free entry coupon used for all but bonus "dealer appreciation " chips).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just checkin in. A chop like that seems weird to me. Maybe they were together. Who knows. Miss you at the game.....