Friday, January 11, 2019

First Post of New Year

Didn't realize it had been so long since my last post.  My bad.  It is not for lack of poker, just being a lazy bum writer.  Playing usual Omaha games on Thursdays and Sundays with mixed results.  One very bad session sent me scuttling to the low buy in tournaments.  No great winnings there despite several final tables and deep runs against big fields.  Lately, last 3 tournaments have been eliminated getting it in good and losing to 2 or 3 outers.  Example one, player raises big with 6/6.  I re-raise all in with Q/Q.  He hits a 6 on the flop.  Example 2, go all in with A/Q, called by Q/J.  He hits a jack on the river.  Example 3, player raises with 5/5, I re-raise with 10/10.  He flops a 5.  This is very sick to be a huge favorite and lose to big dogs.  Nothing I can do but smile knowing I got it all in good and the trend can't continue.

Bright spots lately have been small wins in omaha.  It a bit of a grind, with long hours for not much money (won $92 in 9 hours of play) yesterday, but you know how time flies in a poker game.  Next week is the big "pow wow" senior tournament.  Looking forward to crushing those lucky 2 out players for the big bucks payout.  Hey, it could happen!

No comments: