Sunday, April 1, 2018

Mixed results

My poker game has been yielding mixed but mostly bad results lately.  One tournament cash for $220 out of maybe 6 played, including a $290 buy in giant.  Had a terrible seat, to the right of a good but talkative player.  Another player owned me when I turned 2 pair vs. His A/K, then was counterfeiters on the river.  He later got the rest of my chips on a 5/6/7 flop, me playing 7/8 while he had 8/9, 2 spades, turned the flush to ruin a possible chop.

Have played few cash games, last Thursday my first win in a bit in 4/8 Omaha hi/low.  Again, bad seat.  The player to my immediate left straddled constantly, raised every hand.  Fortunately, my cards were running good and was able to hog several big pots.  Still prefer a more passive omaha game as there are so many flops that destroy good starting hands and like to see them cheap multi-way.  The aforementioned player was stuck over $300 while I cashed out for a $174 profit after only 3 hours of play.  It was a great earn rate of $60 an hour, and phenomenal 15 Big blinds per hour. 

To finish this post would like to quote Sir Winston Churchill (just watched "The Darkest Hour").

  "Success is not final, failure is not fatal.  It is the courage to continue that counts".

And one more, for you fellow senior citizens.

"When youth departs may wisdom prove enough."

No comments: