Monday, April 2, 2018

Fiddy Cents

Wrote last post about "earn rate".  This is an important concept for both recreational and more serious players.  Our time is our life, and the time spent playing poker should hopefully show some return on investment.  Playing poker yesterday started out in the $60 Sunday "no chop".  About 80 entries, so not too daunting a field.  Hated my table (as usual?) because of one loud mouth obnoxious player, arriving late and immediately attempting to become "table captain".  When I have described this player to dealers and other players, they immediately say their name, so I am not the only one.  Said player went on a heater, very aggressive, but lost most of them, then bounced back.  So, since player raises frequently and was the middle position, the raise was an easy call for me and 2 others, the loose big blind, the hijack and me, the button, playing A/10 of clubs.  Flop comes 10 high with 2 hearts.  When checked to me I shove $4300 into the $1600 pot, surely enough to get folds from over-cards and flush draws one would think.  I am called by the big blind who shows A/9 of hearts.  We all know what is coming and I hit the rails.

A seat opens on the Omaha game and I play for 3 hours.  I show a net profit in the game of $42.  When you subtract my tournament buy in of $40 (I used a $20 freeplay to lower cost), ended up netting $2.00 for 4 hours of play, or $.50/ hr.  Fiddy cents earn rate.  Oh yeah, also got another $20 coupon for future tournament play (paid for 2 hours cash game play after tournament).  So there, $5.50/hr. I feel better now, over 1 big blind per hour earnings.

1 comment:

Josh Jarnigan said...

Very Informative post. Thanks for sharing. Online poker is a fun game, yet learning. playing poker is rewarding in itself, whether with real or play money. Some lose or some may gain. Just kick back and enjoy 99OnlinePoker