Monday, February 19, 2018

Why I haven't been posting

So, this year has been rough on me so far.  Recovering from my heart event on January 12th, I quickly developed a nasty cold, but fortunately not the flu.  With it came a bad cough which somehow threw my back out.  Suffering for 4 days, finally went to the doctor.  Heat treatments daily and some heavy duty pain meds have eased my suffering, but still unable to play more than a couple of hours.  Staying away from most cash games, just going with low buy in turbo tournaments.  No luck there, yesterday lost most of stack with my 10/10 vs. 8/8, hitting a set on the river which made him a straight.  With 6 blinds, shoved in middle position with 10/J suited.  Called by K/K.  Player down despite flush and straight draws.

Speaking of which, getting damned tired of not hitting big draws while opponents hit long shots.  Wah!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Phil - hang in there. I have been doing well with the live games but all the bad luck has gone to the online poker. Losing sets over sets, set to full house, flush to bigger flush etc. Would like good luck on all games. Guess that isnt in the cards.

the pick

Unknown said...

Take care of yourself Phil. Sitting for long periods with back issues may not be the best idea. I have had back issues for 40 years. I know it's no fun. Ray had a really bad beat Wed. Boat over boat on the river. Ugly. Hope your back heals soon. Best.