Friday, February 23, 2018

Another Losing Outing

After a 4 day winning streak, I have gone the other way.  Cutting back on cash games and focusing on tournaments seems like a cheaper way to go.  Wednesday, playing in a turbo, bubbled final table when I misjudged a player's all in.  He had min raised 2 under the gun and I was in big blind with 7/7.  The flop was 6/6/3, and I checked.  He shoved and I put him on A/J, A/Q or small pair.  Wrong.  He had 10/10. Oh well, best showing so far in this particular game, starting to figure out players.

Yesterday, played almost a freeroll, cost $5 due to my $20 coupon.  Played very well down to 20 players from 64 entries when I picked up Q/Q on the button with one limped.  Raising to 1200 with blinds at 200/400, one caller.  Flop was Q/x/x.  No real draws and bet 1200 when checked to me.  Call.  Turn brought J of hearts and player shoves and had me covered.  With no better hand possible i called.  He turns over 9/10 of hearts, giving him both flush and straight draws.  River is a heart which does not pair the board and i am done.  Play it different next time?  Don't think so.  He was dumb to call my flop bet, then lucky to get runner runner.

Played omaha for a couple hours losing 1 1/2 buy ins.  The high hands at our table were insane with quad aces, then quad kings, then quad aces again which were beaten by a flopped royal flush!!!  I was in that hand with an 8 high flush, but quickly folded.  Only "bright" spot was winning $45 on poker machine while waiting for my seat. 

No comments: