Sunday, February 25, 2018

Anticipation



All week I have been anticipating the big ($230) end of month tournament at Tulalip.  I was the 96th entry an hour before starting time.  There were over 60 alternates after me, so big money.  The wheels started coming off early with my pocket queens folding on a scary flush/straight/ace high board.  Losing a couple more hands I made a big time laydown to the player to my immediate right.  He raised to $200 With blinds 25/50.  Looking at my pocket kings I re-raised to $800.  He then quickly 4 bet it to $6000.  I folded my kings face up and he then showed his pocket aces.  Several players praised my fold.  His hand was face up to me as I knew queens or jacks would not be in his range with this action.

A little later, I ran into trouble again with him.  A player raised to 275 and he flat called.  I had k/10 off, which I realize is not strong, but already in blind with other callers hoped for a great flop with one of my favorite hands.  The flop came down k/10/6 With 2 hearts.  I liked it, but bet right out due to flush draw.  The original raiser called the 800 bet, then my nemesis re-raised big.  I thought briefly (probably too briefly), putting him on either A/K, or even possibly A/A, and remotely 6/6.  I had these hands either drawing thin, or in the case of 6/6, had outs.  I shoved.  The other guy folded, villain paused briefly and called, turning over K/K.  Ouch.  Player down with no saving runner runner 10's.  I was either 2nd or 3rd player out.  Leaving dazed and confused was really upset.  Really bad luck combined with questionable play.

No comments: