Saturday, September 2, 2017

Low earnings per hour

Thursday's session did not start off well for me.  I was quickly stuck $100 but undeterred I rebought again, and again and again.  It was super frustrating as players at my table kept winning the high hand money.  One guy hit 3 times, another couple of them twice, and several others at least once.  Seemingly I was the only one not getting either the $100 or $150 bonus.

Finally my game picked up and recovered one buy in.  Then I won the biggest pot of the day, around $250 when I rivered the nut straight and nut low.  There were multiple players and jamming on every street with 2 pairs and sets plus 2nd nut lows.  Sweet.

My Seattle poker buddy Jim showed up, we had talked about getting together.  He sat in the 5/5 plo and got stuck $1500 before we took a dinner break at the buffet.  I offered to buy dinner and he said I probably had lots of comps.  I did not realize they paid $1. an hour.  Checked my card and found $92 in my account.  Nice.

Finished playing after 10 hours stuck $17.  Jim did not recover, lost another $500 buy in.  How can I complain?

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I can't imagine being stuck $1500 or more. Ouch. I'm just too damned cheap. Considering that you rebought several times and ended up stuck only $17 and had a free dinner, that's not too bad at all. Should have made Jim pay for dinner LOL. Sounds like he can afford it!