Monday, September 4, 2017

Double your bonus, double your fun

I have been saying that my plan was to just play tight/play right and pretty much ignore the high hand bonus.  I was practicing what I preach Sunday and doing pretty well, up a hundred or so after several hours.  I then won a $150 high hand flopping trip jacks with an ace kicker.  The turn card was a king and a raise from an aggressive good young player worried me.  The ace on the river beat his jacks full of kings and held up for the 1/2 hour.

During the next 1/2 hour I hit a runner runner 10 high straight flush playing 8/9 suited.  A 10 on the flop, 7 on the turn and 6 on the river.  Never won 2 in a row and the good news was a 4th table was going so the high hand was now worth $200.

Heard an interesting story about the tournament in progress.  One of our players was at the table when someone retrieved cards from the muck to declare he had a straight flush????  Chaos ensued and eventually cameras were consulted, tournament halted, the pot was awarded to him, his chips were forfeited, and he was 86'd permanently.  Weird.  A dead hand should never win a pot.

Final win report:  bought in for $100, cashed out for $490.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

What's even weirder than awarding him the pot is to then forfeit his chips and 86 him permanently. Why would they bother awarding it to him if they planned to 86 him? I'm so confused. A dead hand is a dead hand. Period. The dealer should have said so and stopped the craziness before it got started. That's just nuts.