Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Obnoxious Player

The end of month tournament at Tulalip is always the big one.  This month's was a $230 buy in, 12,000 starting chips, 1/2 hour blinds.  I was going primarily for the omaha cash game but it did not start until 2:00 with the tournament at 11:00.  I figured to play the tournament and if knocked out early would sign up for the cash games.  9 hours later I was still playing but more on that after my obnoxious Player story.

She arrived very late as an alternate (there were over 50), taking the seat vacated by another alternate who played exactly 2 hands before being eliminated by me.  I turned 7's full of 10's vs his trip 7's.  She immediately became the self appointed table captain, raising and re-raising, talking about hands, her favorites, requesting the tv be changed from football to little league world series, irritating the dealer, etc.  She got into it with another player and would not stop mouthing off to him.  Really she made it a miserable game and I think we were all very happy when she got knocked out (calling an all in with K/8 suited...one of her "favorite hands").  She evidently is a regular as the floor supervisor said after she left that all the other tables were hoping our table did not break down as they did not want her at their table.  Lol.

So, back to the bottom line of the tournament.  I ran hot and cold but made it down to 2 short tables.  My final hand was an under the gun shove of 3 big blinds with Q/10 suited.  The board ran small and the small and big blinds checked it down with A/7 making a straight, 5 high.  I finished in 13th place out of 155 entries for a $510 cash.  Would have liked to made final table as they added $5,000 which was mostly paid out to final 9 ($250 min.).  First prize was almost $9k.

3 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Hey, you more than doubled your buy-in so good for you!! As for obnoxious players, sometimes I think that's ME!!! I like to think I'm not as bad as this lady however. I do talk a lot and ask to watch baseball. Maybe I better watch out or I will end up in someone's blog!

Good luck at the tables. Hope you are enjoying your new home!!

Phil said...

@Dewey Found out she is an attorney!!! That explains a lot about her argumentative nature.

7 Dewey said...

That makes perfect sense LOL. Working for 6 attorneys - I can relate!