Saturday, February 14, 2015

Distracted, Cupcake, and Another Bad Beat

At the Legion last night I volunteered early to deal table 2.  The reason you ask?  I am running really bad lately so just looking to play cheaply and cut some losses.  I have said before that it is very distracting to play and deal.  Last night was a prime example.  I am in a hand with top pair (K/10 on a king,3,3 board), and it is being bet into me, but fairly small, so I am calling.  An ace comes on the river, we both check, he shows K/Q and I muck!!!! A player who often deals points out the chop but too late.

Later, we are discussing "cupcake", the 2/3.  Bad discussion for me as a big stack calls a raise from a short stack with his 2/3 of diamonds.  I also call with 7/8 of diamonds.  The flop comes 3/3/7, the short stack shoves, 2/3 calls, and I raise to 1500 putting the big stack on a flush draw.  He re-raises all-in and I muck.  Short stack down and me now short.

My last hand with only 500 in chips (blinds @ 2/400), I call with A/9 leaving 100 behind....don't laugh....I actually love this play.  Three handed we see an A/K/X flop.  One of the players bets pretty big, I call, the other player mucks.  We turn over our hands and she is betting the king.  Sweet.  That is until the other king hits the river for her two outer win (well, more as she could have also hit her 9 kicker).  But still.........

Continuing my theme of folks hitting their 2 or 3 outer against me, I also am eliminated in a 45 person SNG this morning with my pocket aces vs. pocket queens.  Maybe I should "take a poker break"?  I did fail to mention eliminating a player Friday night who had AA vs. my KJ however.  Got lucky on the flop with 2 jacks.  So, not always unlucky I guess.  

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.


1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Blah. I took a break for most of January and this year it didn't seem to help at all. Maybe it would work better for you. In the past it's been very helpful to take 2-4 weeks off but not this year. I like "cupcake". In our neck of the woods we call them "Oregon aces". I have no idea why. LOL