Tuesday, May 6, 2014

3 Good Things

Rather than focusing on my rotten, horrible, awful luck in the tournaments yesterday, would like to tell you now about three good things that happened recently in online tournaments.

1.  Playing in my "step" tournament (is this somewhat like a stepchild?), a 6 person SNG, I managed to knock every player out....no, not in one hand.  Never done that before.  And, no, I did not turn into the big chip bully, just happened to get them all in at the right times.  Now in step 8, but I think too late for the televised event.

2.  I did a late entry into a No Limit Omaha tournament with 90 entries and finished in 5th place (won 70,000 in play money...significant as my total bankroll was only 340,000.....20K entry fee).

3.  For I think the first time ever in my Omaha game career I hit a "steel wheel"....a 5 high straight flush!  While it is very possible not to "scoop" the high and low pots due to other wheel hands, or even a higher straight flush, I did indeed scoop this in a 100/200 limit game....even capping the river bets 3 ways.

Now, one funny story.  Donna playing at Luck Bridge is seated next to me.  She is rambling about the prize drawings they are holding for Cinco de Mayo, repeating herself a couple of times.  So, I pick up on it, saying, "Oh, by the way Donna, did you know they are having drawings tonight?".  After about the third time, others at the table are also commenting about the drawings.  Donna, irritated, does her usual thing about holding fingers up so she can ask you a question that leads to her flipping you off. Sorry, no takers on that old trick of hers.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I was FINALLY able to access your blog. I don't know why I couldn't earlier - I was told I needed an "invitation". I was depressed for awhile - LOL.

Donna irritates me so much. She wins enough tournaments now and again that she thinks is the queen of poker. She is SUCH A BAD PLAYER!!! I will stop now. Hope to see you soon.

P.S. Excellent luck with the steel wheel - very cool.