Tuesday, September 25, 2012

That kind of day

Starting my morning with a 40 person online tournament (qualifier for $3500 Halloween tournament) I call a min raise from my big blind with 4/8 of spades.  Flop is awesome, 4/8/K with 2 clubs.  I go ahead and shove as I want the flush draws (there were two other callers), or strong king to call.....which they always do in these games.  Everyone folds to the preflop raiser who strangely calls with.....pocket 5's.  Ha ha ha, donk.  Of course there is a 5 on the river and I am extremely short stacked and out the next hand.

Moving on to the next game, another qualifier with only 20 players, 10 to advance.  Not playing many hands, I flop 2 pair with my 9/10 on a 9/10/K flop.  Not great, but I bet 2/3 of pot into crowd since there are also two diamonds on the flop.  2 callers, including chip leader.  Turn, rut row, a diamond.  I check, big stack bets min, another player shoves.  Easy fold.

Now short stacked, I min raise UTG with 6/6 and get 2 callers until button, an active and aggressive player, who shoves a big stack.  Oh, well, call.  Also called by chip leader.  Button shows KK while CL has AQ suited.  Flop has an ace, I miss my 2 outer and we are both gone.

Firearm Safety Rule #8 : No matter how responsible he may seem, never give a loaded gun to a monkey

Yet another online tournament, I call with 6/6 in a 3 way all in pot.  One opponent with big cards, another with 7/7.  Incredibly I hit my set, but board goes runner runner spades and the pocket 7's knock me out with a spade.

Next to last tournament of the day.  Playing for a Nexus 7 tablet computer.  Won my seat earlier this month in a qualifier.  Over 900 players, not good.  I am running card dead and pick up 5/6 suited in blind.  Player raises to 300 and another player calls.  Flop is 5/5/x.  We both check to the raiser who fires a $300 c-bet (we all have around 4-5000 chips).  Call and call.  Turn is a 9, we check, he bets again, other player calls, I reraise to about 2500 ( over 1/2 my stack, about a pot size bet) and they both shove.  Call.  Original raiser exposes his KK, other player has 9/9 for the full house.  Ouch.  I was trying for value on a pretty dry board and got snapped by a two outer.  Guess I should have check raised the flop and kept KK in for the ride.





No comments: