Sunday, September 16, 2012

Great Poker Week

This may have been my best ever poker week.  Not necessarily monetarily, but just from total tournament wins (3) and cash game winning sessions (5), and cash game losses ($0).  My biggest tournament win was $480, followed by $150 and $150.  Cash games were $150, $150, $80, $80, and $8.   Would have been more but aces snapped by queens. 

Hit one monte carlo yesterday during my big $8 win session. Got all a player's chips in preflop with my JJ vs his KK and flop was:  J/J/10.  Smallish pot, about $50, but monte was $100.

Quiz time:  What is one of the only card matchups that does not yield a chop on a board of AKQJ2?

Answer:  54 vs 43   Happened to me yesterday.

This must be a new week.  Bubbled out in big morning tournament.  KK vs AQ (I had the kings, and a minature stack).  I was rolling along as one of the chip leaders and made a horrible mistake in a blind vs. blind hand.  I was small blind with K10 of clubs, I limped (hoping to trap, I guess).  Big blind had 9/5 offsuit.  Flop came 9 high with 2 clubs.  He bet, I called with umteen outs.  Turn miss, he bets bigger, like a donk I call.  River blanks.  Lost half my chips on the one hand.  Had I raised, would have won a small pot rather than losing a large one.  I could even have check raised the flop and probably gotten a fold.  Terrible play.  Discovered that it only takes one misplayed hand to ruin a good tournament.

No comments: