Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Is Ultimate Bet Toast?

Two straight days of problems with the website.  Yesterday I could access UB, but when I would sign up for a tournament would never be taken to my seat.  I could then unregister, which usually you cannot when it has filled up.  Today I cannot even access the website.  While in India I noticed how few players were on the site and very few tournaments ever filling up.  Something tells me that the site is defunct.  It will be interesting to see.

Heading for the Tri-Cities tomorrow.  We are moving there for a few months, so no more commuting but afraid that my wife may put the kibash on my poker.  She is already talking about setting up a "schedule" for my play.  Actually, I kind of have been planning a poker schedule while living there.  Thinking of the tournament circuit with Jokers and Island thrown into the mix since Steve Stark is now dealing there.  Also the Cable bridge is worth consideration due to cost and structure.  Thinking the Moose may lose some of my business, especially the 10:00 tourney and cash game.  Love the people and ambiance there but not so much the games.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I thought UB was toast awhile ago, but perhaps that was only in the US.

Glad to hear you will be here with us in the Fried Cities. Hope Helene doesn't keep you on too tight a leash! Also glad to hear that you are thinking like me - fewer cash games & "fast" tournaments. Didn't know Steve was dealing at the Island. Most of their tournaments are not my style, but I may play the Tuesday night one more often.

I was watching Tony Bourdain's "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel recently & he was in Kerala province in India. Very cool.

Hope to see you soon!