Saturday, December 3, 2011

Jokers

The Joker's tournament started out well for me with 2 1/2 times starting deep stack early on thanks to a turned and flopped straight (the flopped straight was A/10 suited vs. J/J and A/A).  I was the terminator at the table, knocking two players out (the second with a flopped set of 3's).  Then trouble hit me by the name of Dennis.  Raising in late position with A/J of spades, I got a flop of K/Q/x with two spades.  Having a gutshot straight draw plus nut flush draw I called his 2 or 3,000 bet on the flop.  Another 3,000 bet came on the turn when my draws failed to come in, and I called.  The river was no help and I folded on his all in river bet.
Entering the final table short stacked (about 6,000 as I recall) I got even shorter, down to around 4,000 when I got all my chips in with K/Q or A/10 as I recall and tripled up hitting a straight.  From then on the deck ran over me with pocket pairs, flopped sets, etc.  Becoming chip leader I tried to stay out of trouble but doubled up the 10 seat when I called his all in 15,000 bet with my suited K/Q vs. his A/9 offsuit.  He got a horrible flop with a queen and two of my diamonds.  He then managed runners to make a straight with his 9.  Playing down to 4 the guy on my immediate left refused to make a deal for 4th place to get their money back despite him being short stack.  He was soon gone and Dennis and the 10 seat and I split the pot for $345. each.   

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I'm so glad to hear you made money. You made an awesome comeback at the final table. I found out yesterday that Tim was the 4th place finisher. Just FYI, he never makes a deal. That's just him. I'm playing the Island tournament Tuesday for the 1st time in forever. Maybe I will see you there?