Friday, December 16, 2011

Stupid Blonde

Last night at the Cable tournament I ended up on the final table with the chip lead.  Down to 7 players we made a deal for 6 & 7 to get $50 back as they were paying 5 places.  I suggested we just do a 7 way split for about $300 each but it was vetoed by the blonde who had just won a big pot and probably had a few more chips than me.

I went all in with 10/10 and was called by two shorter stacks, one with J/7 (real short stack), and A/8.  With a chance to knock out two, we were down to 6 at this point, everyone was looking to move up a pay grade or two.  Unbelievably the J/7 hits two pair and the A/8 hits an ace.  6 total outs against me and they both double up!!!!

A few hands later after one player is knocked out, I call an all-in who has A/4 with my AK suited.  He hits a 4 on the flop and another on the river.  Feeling snakebit and unlucky I have the BB with Q6 suited and blondie limps in (blinds at 10/20,000) and I have maybe 12,000 left.  The flop gives a jack high and one of my suit, check, check.  The turn is a 10 of my suit and she puts me all in.  I call with both flush draw and double gutter plus an overcard but miss everything.  I finish in 5th place for $120.  Very disappointing.  Without a lot of luck from my opponents or some luck on my part I would have won the whole thing. 

The entire tournament I think that I only got "lucky" once......AQ suited all-in vs. KK and hit my straight.  Some days are just like that.  Can never be called a "luckbox".  

No comments: