Monday, April 6, 2009

Things We Hate to Hear at a Poker Table (with translations)

#1- I'm putting you all-in
Translation: I have the best possible hand and am planning to knock you out
Your Response: Oh no you're not, I fold! (actually used this one yesterday)

#2- How much do you have left?
Translation: I'm about to put you all-in or fold if you have me covered.
Your response: I call

#3- Do you have a set? (or a straight, or a flush, or a full house)
Translation: Whatever hand they mention, they can beat
Your response: Fold to any bet

#4- I "just" call.
Translation: I want you to believe that I want to raise, but am trying to convince you that I have a monster hand.
Your response: I raise

#5- I reraise
Translation: All of my chips are either going into the pot or I am folding to your all-in and losing a lot of chips
Your response: I am all-in, or I fold.

#6- I have to call for pot odds
Translation: I have garbage but the sound you hear is a massive suckout coming
Your response: My pocket aces are doomed

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You are the best. I must tell you however that when I say, "I just call", I usually DO have a monster. Just remember that! Ha!