Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On Line This Week




Being at the beach all week I played in one live tournament, but mostly just online. The Friday Legion tournament was disastrous for me, I was about the 4th person out. Just for the record, and to show you how crazy tournaments can be, I think that I outlasted the two best players. One went all in when he hit his full house on the river (aces full of fives), but his opponent had hit aces full of jacks on the turn. In retrospect, his reraise of the original better on the river was very bad play, but I did see him win a big online deepstack tournament last night, and he often is on the final table on the big tournaments there. Anyway, my kings, 9's and 5's all got cracked early and I was out. On line I have been doing fairly well in omaha except when moving up too much in stakes. I just don't have the "gamble" or the stakes to run with the big dogs. In tournaments I am doing very well, coming in 4th in a 90 person SNG last night, 2nd in a 45 SNG, and qualifying for the "dime" on Sunday (a $10 buy in 10,000 guarantee event) with a 30 Cent satellite. Also have qualified for the freeroll on Saturday, and moved up again in the step tournament to step 3. So, not too bad. I may make a day trip down to Spirit Mountain this week, wish I was in town for the Wildhorse Roundup....hate to miss the big show.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Grandpa looks a little tired! Good luck if you go to Spirit Mountain. I've gone completely round the bend, as I am going to attempt my very first LIMIT hold 'em tournament at Wildhorse this Friday. Wish me luck!! Did you ever get your seat at the WSOP??