Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sit N Go fun

An interesting morning for me. Signed up for a 45 person SNG, one of my favorites, with 5 places paid and 1st getting 18x buy-in. They usually go pretty fast, and it is not too tough to get to the final table, but have been busting out lately on the bubble. Anyway, the first hand an early position player goes all-in preflop. Not real unusual, but with only $15 in the pot, not a real bright move. Everyone folds and we deal hand two. Again he goes all in with one limper, everyone folds and he picks up $25 more. Beginning to look like a pattern when he does it the third time. The fourth hand I limp with AQ offsuit, and he again goes all in!!! I call, and he shows pocket 2's. The flop.....22j for flopped quads! Idiotic play rewarded and I am out first. I hang around and observe for a few minutes watching him fold the next hand preflop, then again go all in to a raise with like a 3/7 offsuit. He loses to the AK when an ace hits and he is back to a little over starting money. One hand later he is out when he again goes all in with junk. Amazing.

My next 45 person SNG goes much better with a 1st place finish. It went really long with it getting to $100 antes plus 500/1000 blinds with 3 of us left. I caught some great cards at the end, with my last opponent not believing my AQ with a queen high flop (He had A7, with a 7 on the flop). He had me way outchipped and with the tables turned I caught AK vs. his weak ace on his all-in. A good day of poker.

No comments: