Monday, February 16, 2009

Still Sick but Using my Time Wisely

Man, I am still sick! I cough and cough until I almost cannot breathe. I have a telephone appointment with the doctor from Kaiser so maybe some heavy duty codeine laced products are on the horizon for me. Last night I could not sleep, and understandably neither could Helene. I tried to sleep on the recliner sofa, but just could not get to sleep. I finished my most excellent book, "A Year of Living Biblically", by A.J. Jacobs. It has given me a lot to think about, spiritually. I highly recommend it for anyone trying to understand the crazy Judaic/Christian fundamentalists and religious observance in general. On other recommendations, you must, I repeat must, see "Slumdog Millionaire". I am really a movie fan with wide tastes (some say tasteless), but really think this would make any one's top 20 of all time lists. It will leave you stunned and joyful with a very rough ride at times.

My new poker focus is on Ultimate Bet's new 10 step WSOP tournament. The concept is that you buy into step 1 9 player Sit N Go for 10 cents. If you come in 1st or 2nd, you win a free entry into step 2 (regular retail 30 cents). 3rd or 4th place earns you a free reentry into step 1. This continues each step, except that 6 places are paid. First 2 progress, 2nd 2 reentry, next reentry into previous step, last place some small change. I am up to step 4, but stuck. I have another free entry to 4 (reg. $3.00), so going to give it another try. You can also buy into higher levels, but there is a bonus for going through all the steps, an entry into Aruba tournament. Also, you wear their branded gear at the WSOP and win, they give you a $10 million bonus. Not bad for a 10 cent investment!

2 comments:

Ashpdx said...

Sorry you are still sick! Get well soon. I'd like to borrow that book when you are done!

7 Dewey said...

I'm also sorry to hear that you are still unwell - I hope the doctor's visit will help and that you can get quick relief! I might have to break my rule of never going to movies - I like to be cheap & wait for the DVD to get to Netflix - because I have heard from many sources that "Slumdog Millionaire" is well worth seeing. Maybe I'll do that this weekend after I kick butt in the big Sunday tournament! Hope you feel better soon!!!!!