Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rotten Luck in Step Tournament

My first bit of rotten luck was trying to sign up quickly for a step 5 ($10 buy in). I forgot to check the free buy that I had won, so my account was charged $10 plus buyin. Ouch. Then, I get short stacked with 7 players left and go all-in with suited diamond AJ. I get called by a big stack with suited AJ clubs. Great, chopped pot coming except for one club on the flop. You guessed it, runner runner clubs. Man, how bad is that! I also got bounced out of another step 5 when my all-in A8 is called by queen 8. You have to love the call with the dominating hand, but he spikes a queen. How can these guys continue hitting their 3 outers on me?

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

That's just terrible! If it makes you feel any better, I once had that happen to me with pocket queens. I had the black ones & the other player had the red ones and got a heart flush. Disgusting. Are you going to keep trying, I hope? I'd love to see you on TV at a World Series final table!!!