Friday, February 13, 2009

Sick at Poker

Let me elaborate. I am not sick of poker, but Wednesday night I began coughing, which for me is never a good thing. Since I was kid, whenever I get a cough it gets really bad and lingers forever. After I had annoyed the boys at the Omaha cash game enough, I quit while ahead, but in all fairness not ahead for the day.

On top of that, I had to drive home to Cannon Beach on Thursday. I woke up very late, around 9:30 and was super tired and nauseated. I was packed and ready to go, so I drove straight through with the help of cough syrup (warning: contains codeine, do not operate machinery or drive). Had to pull over once and just close my eyes.

Sleeping on the sofa last night, who wants to be around a hacking cougher? And, spent the whole day on the sofa drinking tea, sucking on lozenges and sleeping. Tomorrow I am supposed to help with the fund raising Wine Walk. Think I will have to pass.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You poor thing - I sure hope you feel better very soon! I am going to try the 7pm at the Cable tonight (Friday) and then will play the 8am at the Moose tomorrow. I think I might have a go at the satellite for the $220 February 22 tournament too. Wish me luck! If I do well (or even if I don't) I suppose I should post something afterard. It's been a while! Try to get lots of rest. Talk to you later!!