Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Take one off dammit!

Playing Omaha Monday I was in a hand with K/J of clubs.  The flop was not connected, one club, the ace, a 9 and maybe a 3.  I had no low draw so I folded to a bet.  The turn was the queen of clubs, then the river 10 of clubs.  Oh no, I folded a royal flush during the Monte Carlo time.  It paid $499.  What was crazier was a royal earlier during $50 High hands, and a queen high straight flush next to me worth $100.  Big hands.

On a sad note, a 95 year old regular had a stroke at our game the day before.  No information on his condition.  I wish him well but don't think we will see him again.

A new poker room will be opening this month, Jamestown Saloon.  It was started by one of the regulars in my old Tulalip game after they closed.  It is located just off I-5 in Arlington, about a 40 minute drive for me.  I don't anticipate playing there much, but will definitely try it out and reconnect with some of the guys.  If you are around here, check it out.  www.Jamestownsaloon.com.



1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Well damn it! Still don't play runner runner like I do LOL. I've seen one poor guy at the Moose fold runner runner quads twice in one session for a total of $700. Shit happens. I need to get up there one of these days so you can show me where you play.

Have fun!