Thursday, February 27, 2020

Jamestown Saloon Poker

Last Saturday I journeyed up to Arlington to try the new poker room which had opened the day before.  Started by James, a fellow omaha devotee from the Tulalip game, he had worked for 3 months to get it going.  Unimpressive from the outside, it looked like a biker bar so i entered with some trepidation.   It was attractive inside with cowboy decorations and i was treated to a quick tour by James.  You entered the separate poker room through swinging saloon doors and it was as nice as any i have seen, with new tables and comfortable office type chairs.  I was warmly greeted by the familiar faces of the old Tulalip dealers.  An Omaha game started quickly afterwards, and by the time I left 3 hours later, 3 games were going. 

It was the usual suspects in my game.  I had forgotten how bad some of them played.  There were the people who never met a hand they didn't like, the donk bettors who bet their straights on flush boards, called with small flushes, chased lows with only one low on flop, etc.  I left with only $7 in sugar but several were down $200 or so.  The rake is so hard to beat in this game, with also a player supported jackpot, so $7 was leaving almost every hand.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Sounds like a nice place even with the ridiculous rake. I sure wish the idiots at the Crazy Moose would get some new damn chairs. Right now if one breaks they won't have 20. It's just stupid. Everyone (think me) complains about it every time they sit down and nothing ever changes.