Saturday, May 26, 2018

Owned!!!!

My poker day started great today.  Arriving a half hour or so early for the 11 o'clock tournament I grabbed a seat in the 3/6 limit game.  Running good was up $85 when had to cash out.  There were 59 players signed up,  and I was playing well but not a lot of traction  to make it down to 2 short tables.  Highlight early on was quad jacks, sweet, but not a huge pot.

Moving tables, was on the button with A/Q suited and folded to me.  I raised to put short stack big blind older lady all in.  She calls with K/10.  She hits a 10 on the flop and doubles up.  A round or two later, I raise her again with A/8.  She calls all in with 7/9 of hearts.  Flop comes down A/8 (hearts)/10.  Turn is a great card for her, 5 hearts, giving her flush, straight and straight flush draws.  River is 6 hearts for a runner runner straight flush.  She owns my sorry ass.

Eventually down to just $500, with blinds at 1000/2000, a player shoves with Q/Q.  I have K/K.  He hits a queen on the river and I am out.  Sad.

No comments: