Saturday, May 5, 2018

70's music

At the dentist's this week talking to the munchkin assistant I quoted some lyrics from Fleetwood Mac.  She had a blank look on her face.  I then told her the source.  She had never heard of the group.  I then patiently (get it, I am a patient) explained that some of the finest music was from the 70's and 80's.  She said, "I was born in 1993".  That makes sense, I am only slightly familiar with 30's and 40's music, ten to twenty years before I was born.  Dang that made me feel old.  That and getting two dental implants.

Update on Sunday Omaha game:

High hands won:  0
Hours played:  7
Net profit:  $49.00
Earnings/hr.:  $7. or almost 2 big blinds/hr.




3 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Kids today - LOL. I feel sorry for them if they haven't heard of Fleetwood Mac and/or any of the other great groups from "way back when". It makes me feel old too.

Not to rain on your parade, but I must be catching on to the 3-20 spread game. I played 15 (yes that's right) hours on Saturday for a mere $20. It was tiring and unprofitable yet tons of fun.

I went back yesterday and profited $660 for about $94 per hour. I can live with that. All in all a pretty good weekend.

Good luck!

Phil said...

It is possible to make money in low limit games, but beating the house rake is your real challenge. Many low limit players are unaware of this. If you play every hand in one round, you "curly hair Joe" are contributing to the rake much more than "Randy". That said, Joe will win far more pots than Randy, but he needs to. His variance will be huge. That said, there is a sweet spot between them, looks like you may have found it. Congrats Dewey. One warning about jackpots. They are the big trap. If you alter your game to try to win these it will cost you.

7 Dewey said...

You're right about the jackpots and I honestly try not to even think about them. One of the hands I won on Sunday was AAAA10 (I had A-10) and when I turned it over and the dealer said "high hand" I was like "oh yeah"! I really hadn't even thought about it. I don't play for the Monte Carlo board.