Friday, July 28, 2017

Who won?

Playing in the Tulalip morning tournament there was an amazing hand.  I folded 5d/6h in early position.  3 or 4 players saw the flop which was 7h/8h/9h.  It was checked around.  I was kicking myself for folding the open ended straight flush draw particularly when the 5h hit the turn.  It was bet and called with 3 players involved.  The river brought an 8 to pair the board.  It was then bet, raised and called.  The players hands turned over were:

Player 1:  A/2 hearts   for the ace high flush
Player 2:  8/8 for quad 8's
Player 3:  10h/Jh for the jack high straight flush (flopped)

Amazingly no one was knocked out (except for me if I had played...with the 2nd best straight flush).   Only way it would have been more amazing would have been a full house or two also involved.  I was eliminated a little later with AK suited vs AQ suited when she hit a queen.   It would have need much more "fun" to have gone out on the other hand.

Played 6 hours of Omaha with no high hands and terrible luck.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

The player who flopped the straight flush must have been loving it! It's bad it's not one of us more often right??

Hope you enjoy your weekend. I plan on playing at least 3 tournaments so wish me luck!