Friday, July 21, 2017

The Love Continues @ $17/hr.

My earn rate Thursday was $17 per hour, but was lucky at the end to escape with it.  The omaha game was a little crazy with a couple of aggressive players raising a lot.  On one hand for me it does not change my game.  A fold is still a fold, a playable hand is probably more playable.  The problem is that the raise with multiple players creates a "protected pot".  With so many cards in play and so many draws you are sucked in to these monster pots to the river.  I was fortunate to avoid several and win a couple. The hot shot raisers didn't fare too well.  One dropped a couple hundred, the other would have also but got lucky on two high hands worth $250 to him.

Every 10's full earns a ticket to a big drawing Tuesday.  I have lots of entries but unfortunately can't play that day.  Gotta take granddaughter to dance class.  Good to have my priorities in order.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Priorities are definitely important. The dealers at the Moose are always trying to rope me into the cash game after the Sunday tournament, but that's the day I always visit my mom for a couple hours. I tell them, "Sorry but Mom trumps poker!".

Omaha seems to be treating you pretty well. Keep it going!