Friday, October 21, 2016

Pokerstars

Image result for raccoon images funny

I am frustrated with Pokerstars website.  I really enjoyed my daily omaha games and small buy in sit n goes.  So, when they eliminated those it was disappointing and so far have not researched other sites where I could enjoy these guilty pleasures.  Yesterday decided to enter the 50K tournament just cause I am so done with the site that I don't care about my bankroll.  There were 782 players and frankly I just wanted to min cash (however the min cash didn't even pay back your buy in.  Bastards! They have upped the rake so much it is just stupid.  They were paying 136 players, which is also dumb.  So, anyway, just putzed along and decided to play very tight thanks to some youtube videos I have been watching......will write about that soon.  Seizing a couple of opportunities I got it in bad (lower pair over higher pair, dominated hands, etc.) several times but got lucky.  Eventually I was eliminated in 5th place for a total win of $638,000.  It is fun to work your way through a huge field and only wish that could happen in a live game.

As an update, my friend Mike says that Pokerstars has reinstated the small buy in SNGs.  Will check it out today.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Fifth place - very cool! I take it that's "play" money or I will need a loan - LOL.
I can't believe they pay almost 20% of the field either. Most places pay 10%. I hope they reinstate you SNGs soon. Love the raccoon!