Sunday, June 19, 2016

Vegas Recap

Have not blogged for a while, but never fear, I have lots to write about.  The Vegas trip was almost a free one.  Southwest Airlines frequent flier mileage, check.  Free (well, not counting the $5. government TSA fee).  Hardrock Hotel free room with my brother, check.  Several meals on his business credit card or with his suppliers or comped from the poker room, check.  Company bus or uber with my brother, free, check.  My only transportation costs were the cab from the airport and two monorail tickets ($5. each).  So, that just left poker expenses.  Here is my profit/loss statement:

Day One, Wednesday
3/6 cash game waiting for tournament at Mirage:  Buy in $100, cash out $81
Tournament:  Buy in $65, cash out $80 (bubble boy....they chopped $300 each moments later)
3/6 cash game:  buy in $100, cash out $106
1/2 no limit game:  buy in $206, cash out $315
Day Two, Thursday
Tournament:  Buy in $65, cash out $0
1/2 cash:  Buy in $300, cash out $125
Day Three, Friday
1/2 cash:  Buy in $160, cash out $163

So, not a profitable trip, but not a big loser either.  My next post will recap some hands that I was either in or watched.  Overall I played pretty well but was very rusty in my cash game skills.  I could have done better the 2nd day had I not left my gamble in the hotel room.  My bad.  I had planned to play a deepstack at the Rio, but was disheartened to hear the 2:00 p.m. one lasted until 5 a.m.  Just couldn't pull together the enthusiasm to play all night, besides wanting to spend some time with the bro. Unusual for me not to even go to the WSOP, but have seen it all before and really comfortable playing at the Mirage which now pays $2/hr. comps.  Accumulated around $40 worth during my stay, enough for a great buffet and a dinner at the deli.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It appears that you spent approximately $1,000 and ended up with about $900 so that's not bad at all for all that fun and frolic! You did good. I'm off to read your next entry. Glad to see that you are back and blogging again!