Monday, June 6, 2016

Best Finish This Year (at Legion)





We had 4 tables of players on Friday.  I agreed to deal table 3 since two regular dealers, Mike and Gail were in Las Vegas for the WSOP tournament and I figured we needed some help.  Cards were kind to me, chipping up early on a monster bluff against one of the best players (they are the only ones you can bluff :) ).  Also, getting very lucky with my shove against a big raise.  My QQ was a huge dog vs. his AA, but managed to catch a queen on the flop and dodge a 4th spade as he had the ace.

Making the final table for a change felt great and just hung in there, losing a big pot near the end when a player flopped trip jacks.  He later lost them all to the eventual winner, as did another big stack, the dealer, who lost with his AQ vs. AJ.  We got down to 3 players, the dealer and I having about the same count and the leader outchipping us 7 to 1 combined.  We agreed to chop the 2nd and 3rd place for $219 each.  My dealer tip exactly covered the tip I gave, so netted $179.  It felt good to finish near the top as have been running very bad at the Legion.

I leave tomorrow for Las Vegas.  At Safeway today ran into Saraj, who deals the WSOP.  She is also leaving soon and we chatted briefly about the best tournaments to play.  She likes the Rio deepstack as the "juice" is much less than most Vegas tournaments.  Planning to sign up for the 2:00 DS on Wednesday.  

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Yippee! That's terrific and now your mojo is better for Vegas!! I hope you have a very fun and profitable trip.