Friday, June 5, 2015

This Makes Me Want to Puke

Playing in the Legion tournament tonight I had the honor of being the 1st out.  Here is the setup.  I entered a few pots, chased my under pair once, lost about 1/4 of my chips.  I picked up 10/10 under the gun and limped in (trapping).  The button raised and several callers.  The flop was 7/3/2, and I bet out.  The know-it-all youngest hotshot player at the table called along with others.  The turn was another 2 and I bet again.  Callers.  The river was another 2 and I bet and was raised all-in.  Now, the thought went through my head that he could have a 2 but more likely a 7, so I called with my 2's full of 10's.  He jumped up, saying "I have the 2 (he was playing 5/2 off" and ran over to the high hand board to post it.  I quickly exited the building.

So, the super loose kid gets some reinforcement on his play.  Not the night I had in mind.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Mike updated me on the kid's results last night. He lost a couple of big hands to slow played aces and was out before tables consolidated.

7 Dewey said...

Yuck! If it makes you feel any better I was the first out on Saturday at 10 (after taking 3rd in the early one). I had JJ and gave most of my chips to my own rotten little granddaughter (LOL) who had AA and played it really well. On the very next hand I got QQ and naturally shoved with my short stack to run into KK and I was gone before the blinds went up even once. Double yuck!

Now the kid will probably think 5-2 is his lucky hand. Makes me sick.