Monday, June 22, 2015

Don't Give Me Aces!!!



We have all been there many times.  Playing along casually checking our cards and our heart starts beating loudly as we find AA.  There is probably no better feeling in poker, except for the feeling when you actually win with them.  The best case scenario is when you raise with them and someone gets frisky with AK or a pair.  Gotcha!!!  Playing in sit 'n go tournaments yesterday I found those ideal conditions twice, and twice they sent me to the rail.  The first one was a re-raise all-in with AQ.  He found a queen on the flop, then another on the turn.  Player down.  The second one was probably worse with the all-in re-raise by 2/2 (what pair is he ahead of? or does he just enjoy coin flips?).  Unbelievably he hits his 2 outer on the flop and I am now drawing almost dead.  Player down.

Nothing to report from the Friday Legion tournament.  I dealt table 2 mainly cause I am running sooooo bad that I just wanted to play and get my entry fee back.  How is that for positive thinking?  True to form, I did not even make it past the break.  Not real good play, not real good cards, and virtually no luck.

3 comments:

Phil said...

Or kings either...just busted another SNG vs. AJ. They are dang ace magnets!!!

7 Dewey said...

I actually think JJ is easiest to play. See a cheap flop and fold when all the over cards show up LOL. I sometimes wish I could fold KK and AA pre-flop. Disaster waiting to happen.

Phil said...

Dealing at the Legion last night aces were cracked twice. I still love to hate them.