Monday, September 8, 2014

Respectable Sunday, Disaster?? Monday

Sunday was a mixed day for me.  Went early and played the 8 a.m. tournament, chopping 3 ways for $130 each.  Good start.  The big 10:00 tournament went well, but finished on the bubble, which we agreed to pay entry fee of $60.  Earned one bounty, so just a wash.

Monday played in the 10:00 tournament, bubbling the final table.  My undoing was my AK call of a shove with A/4.  He hit a 4 on the door card and I was down to 300 in chips.  I went all in UTG the next hand, tripling up, but could not recover from the hit.  Can't complain as I busted QQ with my AK earlier.

Because I made a pretty early exit, the cash game was just starting up with double hours towards the $7000 freeroll next month.  Jumped in for $120, lost it, rebought for $40 and cashed out for $25.  It was one of those games that you needed to put your tray table up, and your seat in the upright and locked position with seatbelt firmly fastened.  What a wild ride.  There were several pots over $150 pre-flop.  I won one big hand heads up with QQ vs. 1010, but no other big ones....that one was over $100.  Lots of pre-flop raising with non-premium hands, but just could not connect with the flops.  Would have won a few massive ones if I had stuck around to the river, but just can't play that type of game.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I believe the Crazy Moose spread limit game to simply be 3/6 or 4/8 on steroids. The same idiots that played badly in those games still play badly and chase draws and suck out. I try to stay away from it as much as possible and will only play if I win quite a bit in a tournament.