Saturday, November 16, 2013

Why Me?

Another Friday night dealing at the American Legion.  I almost didn't play, the weather is lousy with heavy rain and wind.  Not a great night to leave the cozy fireplace.

I love it when the donks make a move.  Limping in with my A/9, 2 under the gun, a late position short stack shoved.  Easy call, he turns over 4/7 offsuit.  Nice.  The dealer hates me (it is me dealing), and he (I) bring a 4 on the flop.  The board pairs an overcard on the turn, so I now have 9 outs.  I miss and am now short stacked.

Calling for all my chips with 2/2, another player shoves.  I spike a 2 and fill up on the river.  Now with a decent stack I lose another hand (short stack shoves with Q/Q...I am in big blind with K/2, another player calls with 7/7.  Priced in I call.  Side pot for the rest of my chips goes in on the flop.  Player down.

The most interesting hand I dealt all night was A/J vs. K/K vs. A/A vs. Q/Q  all players were all-in with the ace spiking on the flop and almost a quadruple up.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

You need to have a talk with that terrible dealer - LOL!

We had a hand similar to the last one you described in our Sunday tournament. AA, KK and 55 (Barb, who else) all went absolutely crazy on flop of 8-9-Q with 2 clubs and AA and KK put all their money in and Barb said she "had to call" due to the pot size. It was just stupid by everyone because J-10 is already there. Nonetheless, KK hit a king on the river and knocked out AA and crippled 55. I'm just glad I wasn't involved.