Monday, November 11, 2013

Barbara and Karma




So much to say, so little time to say it.  Sunday was a great tournament for me.  I chipped up early and often, gathering just one bounty, but short stacking a couple of players.  When we got to the final table I was in great shape, probably 3rd or 4th biggest stack.  As we got down to 4, I suggested a bubble refund which everyone agreed to (Barbara & Rob).  Barbara had the big stack and Rob was close behind.  After a couple of disasters with her, I finally knocked him out.  With the smaller stack I suggested a chop with her getting $30 more.  First paid $540, and second was around $330.  She refused.  O.K. by me, just trying to reduce my variance.  I play a lot of heads up on line and figured I had the advantage (except for luck, which she had in ample supply).  A few hands later I had turned the tables and now had the big stack.  I waited patiently and when she min raised with 8/8, I called on the button with 9/5.  With a 9 high flop, she bet, I raised her all in  and the game was over.  Nice day at the office.  I really feel that Karma was my friend. Oh, and I collected a total of 5 bounties, including Barbara's. 

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

The bounties alone almost paid for your tournament - way to go! It amazes me at times how lucky Barbara is. I'm glad you won.