Saturday, October 19, 2013

Final Table Dealing

 



For the first time in several years, I was asked to deal the final table.  This decision's main ramification is that you are stuck there until the tournament ends, usually about 11:30.  Way too late for this old guy!!!  But, there were 33 players signed up and tips would be good (FT dealer gets 50%), so I said, "Okeydokey".  I ended up going out around 18th (lost 1/2 my chips against what I believe was a massive bluff), and then the rest on a blind vs. blind with my A/10 suited shove against K/5 offsuit.  He flopped a 5, I turned a 10, he rivered a 4 card flush with his 5.  Sigh, some days just go like that.  I dealt several major suckouts, including another 4 card flush on the board, a 4 card straight that busted a flopped set.

So, I went home late, tired, and richer by $18 after my buy-in.  Could have been worse I guess.

2 comments:

7 Dewey said...

Having never done so, I think it might be fun to try dealing and playing at the same time. That's the way they always used to do it, I guess. At least you made a little money. Always a good thing!

7 Dewey said...

So I finally went to Poker Stars & they allowed me to create an account, etc., but when I log-in I am not allowed to do anything so I guess they have a way of figuring out that I'm in Washington State, where it's illegal to play online. It won't even let me hit the "play money" button. Rats.