Thursday, October 3, 2013

Ace King Rules




It is not often that you see it, but in today's Morning Moose, ace king won every single time.  It was an amazing sight to see player shove with it, get multiple callers and win.  One big pot was won with two callers both having AQ.  I got my money in good on a raise from a big ace, caller with Q/3 suited, and my 5/5.  Flop was J/6/5, with two clubs.  Big ace shoves, called by the suited cards (clubs), and of course by my set.  Runners brought a straight to the flush draw using his 3.  Player down, but not me as had chipped up earlier.  Later in the tournament I had the pleasure of calling his short stack out of my big blind with Q/9 and hitting two pair despite his rivering the ace.  Revenge is sweet after all!!  Queen nine was very good to me, knocking out Dirt Farmer with Q9 suited.  Helps to flop the flush.

We ended up doing a 5 way chop for $136 each.  I was second in chips, but with only 7 big blinds it seemed prudent.  I will take a $100 net win any day of the week.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Not often? Try never. I hate ace king with a passion. You practically have to flop a full house to feel remotely comfortable.
I'm glad you were at yet another final table & made some money. Good job!

I might play the MM at 10 on Saturday, but will definitely play at 10 on Sunday. Hope to see you so I can cry about my set over set fiasco (totally my fault) that occurred on Tuesday at the Bridge.