Monday, January 7, 2013

Runners



Ya gotta love it when you are running good in poker.  This morning in a small tournament I limped in with QJ off suit.  The flop was Q/9/10, with 2 hearts (I had the Q).  It is bet small, I min-raise, the next player goes all-in and is called by the original bettor.  I call.  The hands are:  10/10 for flopped set, Q/9 for two pair, and my top pair, open-ender.  I hit the king on the turn and eliminate one player (the other had a few more chips than me).  Love it when you are way behind and get lucky.  This tournament is a qualifier for an I-Pad prize.


Dear fliphall,

You won an invitation to play in the "Apple iPad 2 Direct Qualifier" tournament which is scheduled to start 01/07/2013 02:26:00 PM, EST. If you have not already done so, you must register for this tournament to play in it. To register for this or any other tournament, log on and click the Tournaments tab. All tournaments and their details, including dates and start times, can be found there.

Came in first!  Won points plus chance to enter final.  One in 4 win a seat.

Dang, busted out in 10th place with J/J vs A/5.  Guess who went runner/runner aces?

No comments: