Monday, February 6, 2012

The Perfect Storm?

Playing this morning in the 10 a.m. tournament I made the final table, but busted out 2 before the 4 way chop. Called an all in with my short stack Q/10 versus KK and AQ. Not good. Turned the straight draw when kings caught a set, but instead of an ace or 9 for my straight, the 10 came, giving AQ the straight. On second thought Q/10 very bad calling all in, but it has been lucky for me lately;.

The perfect storm hand came in the cash game. I was up and down but had just won a fair pot to get almost up to my $120 buy in. I was dealt pocket queens and I raised to $10. Clark, sitting next to me re-raised to $20. Two more callers came along for the ride, so there was around $80 pre-flop. The flop was A/Q/x with 2 diamonds. I bet $20, Clark raises to $40, Steve re-raises to $60, the other player calls, so I cap it. There is now $400 in the pot. I am never folding as Clark is capable of all the action with Kings or AQ, but I am very doubtful that he has either based on his comments, but many people will say things to get you off your hand. The turn is a blank, It is bet $16 (me), raised $20, which gets steve and I both all-in and another player with chips calls. The river is a blank and Steve mucks, the other player shows the flush draw, and Clark rakes the monster $550 pot with A/A !!!! Talk about a cold deck flop with set over set. I pick up my card protector and leave.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Eeek! I'm getting a little bummed about the luck you are having with those pocket queens. Perhaps I should get you a different card protector LOL.