Saturday, February 11, 2012

Obnoxious & Lucky Player

Got into some verbal discussions this morning with a very aggressive and intimidating player. I am definitely too aggressive and too dumb to avoid handing it back. Anyway, after stating how great a player he was, and how lousy I am, he doubles up the first hand of the tournament. He then does what he does best, bully and intimidate the other players.

After I called him light twice and won he really came after me, which led to my next to last hand. Scotty, a short stack, pushes all-in with Q/J offsuit, I am next to act and I come over the top all-in with A/K offsuit. The big, ugly and obnoxious "best player" calls my all-in for all his chips with A/10. The flop naturally brings a 10 and I am now the big dog with J/Q drawing to 6 outs, and me with only 3. His hand holds up and I am now short. I push a couple of hands later on the button with 2/2 and Clark calls with 8/8. Out.

The unbelievable stupidity and arrogance of calling a shove and overshove with A/10 boggles my mind. I think he did it just cause it was me. After discussing the situation with management, decided that next time the verbal stuff starts I will call for the floor.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

It is so annoying to run into players like this & for some reason they can dish it out but they sure can't take it and then they come after you with a vengeance. I have a couple of people on my list. They are usually obnoxious when I win & my plan is to simply smile & rake the chips when they start ranting at me. That's the plan anyway. Easier said than done.