Friday, February 17, 2012

Ace King Problems Continue

My problems with AK continued today with two tournaments on-line. In the first my shove is called by K/10 offsuit. The big dog dominated hand flops a straight. The next tourney I flop top pair (ACE) with 3 hearts...I have the king of hearts. The turn is another ace and I go all- in with one caller. River is a 3 and the caller reveals.....A/3 with the 3 of hearts. Be still my heart.

American Legion tournament tonight, made the final table (31 entries) and had a medium chip stack. Went totally card dead and as blinds increased got short. Several shorter stacks went all in and sucked out with the worst hands (one catching case queen on river on a K/Q/x flop with big stack having the king...one other queen also in the mix...he had shortest stack covered). Basically one of those final tables where "everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die". Down to 7, paying 6 spots we agreed to pay bubble their $40 back. It was me. Another short stack raised under the gun, big stack on button raised to put him all in (I had only one blind left). I sensed that he was just squeezing two shorter stacks so called with K/10. The other guy folded and I saw his K/J. No suck out for me!!!!

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

I hate poker. Seriously. I may never play again. Having said that, you know it's not true, but it feels like it should be. I'm also beginning to think that AK is an automatic fold from now on. Ha! You can only do what you can do! When I have calmed down considerably from yesterday, I will write something on my blog. I honestly may not play for a week or two though, so expect me when you least expect me. See ya later.