Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Snapped With The Best Hand

Part of poker maturity is accepting that if you are playing well, you will usually get your chips in with the best hand, but not necessarily the best draw and furthermore you will often lose when players catch their 1,2 or 3 outers against you.

This morning at the Moose I raised under the gun with AQ with blinds at 100/200 making in 600 to go. I was reraised allin to 1200 (I had about 600 behind). He had A/10 and caught his 10 on the turn. I folded my big blind the next hand and then picked up 6/7 offsuit in the small blind with my nemesis in the big blind. I raised all in for the additional 200 when it was folded to me. He calls with Q5 offsuit...can't blame him, only 200 more. I flop a 6 with two kings. O.K. The river brings another king for the full house. Back in business, sort of.

King 10 suited raises my next BB and I defend with KQ and double up. I then pick up 9/9 with an allin with KQ which I have covered. He makes a straight and I am down to $300. Moved to another table I find AJ offsuit under the gun, throw my last 300 in (blinds at 200/400), Sal calls from the button with A/2 of spades and small blind, Dirt Farmer, reraises all in with A/8 offsuit. Unfortunately Sal calls and his everyone covered. The flop brings my jack, hope......The turn 2 spades, and the river the eight of spades for Sal's flush. Dirt and I are both gone with better starting cards than the winner.

No comments: