Monday, December 27, 2010

Slow Drain

Sometimes the online game is a slow drain. Lately I have been playing terribly and unlucky to boot. I cannot really blame luck as much as just playing poorly. I am not using my big stack when I have one to punish limpers and steal blinds. I am not picking my spots carefully when I am a short stack. And, I am really calling raises and defending blinds too liberally.

My bankroll is taking a slow drain as well with not enough cashes to make up for all my losses. I did have one big win today in PL Omaha. After losing my first minimum buy in decided to max buy in. I then got into a monster 3 way pot with a flopped set and my open ended nut straight and wheel draw. It came in and I felted 2 players.

One decision I have made is to bite the bullet and play in higher $ buy in tournaments. The lower levels are just too donk-infested to win consistently, though I do pretty well, the time it takes is just too small a payback even with a win.

No comments: