Monday, October 18, 2010

Quad Day at Spirit Mountain

Yesterday I made my trip to Spirit Mountain (1 hour 50 minutes) for the day. I had hoped to catch a high hand for $250 every hour, but was disappointed to learn that they had abandoned it for a Monte that seemed unfair. $800 for straight flush, using both cards. $500 for one card straight flush. $300 for two card quads (did not need to be pocket pair, kicker must play), and $100 for quads without kicker play. A dealer friend (Was...prounounced waz) assured me that this was better since you could get nothing for quad that got beat. I was sceptical until.....I hit quad 10's with my pocket pair! Then later, hit quad 7's with another pocket pair! Sweet. Downside: I had to fill out a tax withholding document since I hit the $600 mark. Missed a $100 quad when I folded my 7/9 on the flop with two overcards to my 9, only to see runner runner 9's. It was also a very good pot, as were my other two quads.

My only disappointments of the day, leaving with "only" $250 over my buy in (my draws did not come in, everyone else's did against me) in a 4/8 kill game, the snack bar being out of mushroom veggie pizza forcing me to eat the hawaiian pizza leading to a major upset stomache later that night.

1 comment:

7 Dewey said...

Oh, you and your tummy ache - poor thing - LOL. Glad you had a great time. Also just want you to know that I may not be seen around the poker rooms all that much for a while because I'm moving into a more expensive apartment & buying new furniture and the old budget is shot!! I'm sure I'll see you someday!!