Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Omaha Tournament Slow Start

The second hand of an Omaha Hi/Low tournament online I am playing pocket 10's and the flop is KK10. I bet pot and am raised pot. I should have folded my underfull, but reraised all-in to see one of the two hands I am behind, either KK or K10. He had K10, but either way I am drawing dead. Down to $50, I go all in and survive, eventually becoming chip leader and coming in second only because of two massive suckouts heads up.

I have been on a major roll lately, winning two tournaments yesterday, and placing 2nd in 3 more. Today I played only 3 tournaments, winning one, 2nd in another, and two off bubble in the third. My sad tale was tonight at the American Legion. I was on a good roll after the break, probably in top 5 with 3 tables of 10 remaining. An online player who is usually pretty astute raised UTG with AQ offsuit. He made it 1200 with a 400 BB. My cards in the hijack slot was JJ. He had 2600 behind, and I had about 6000. I re-raised him all in and he called. The door card was a queen. I am back to starting chip count. I was pretty upset and questioned his sanity calling with AQ.

After some ups and downs, including a good fold with an all in, an overcall, my call, then a bigger all in. The two all ins showed QQ and 99, I folded 55 and the queens improved to a boat.

I had 3000 with blinds at 400/800 and I shoved in the cutoff with A6 suited. Button folds and the small blind, probably chip leader....a clueless rookie calls with A3 offsuit. She spikes a 3 on the turn and I am gone. Overall, two very bad calls did me in. I would "never" call in their chip positions with their cards.

No comments: