Friday, April 23, 2010

vegas part 1

Day one in Vegas is always very exciting. You are rested, filled with enthusiasm you can hardly wait to hit the tables, and are not bloated from eating at the buffets. The weather was a big disappointment. It had been in the low 80's but dropped to the 50's for two days, only warming up today as we left. Staying at Treasure Island was a minor inconvenience. Their poker room is small and not very active (for reasons I will get into later), so we started playing at the Mirage, which is a convenient tram ride next door. It is one of my favorite places to play, small and fairly intimate with fair table service and usually lots of easy tourist pickings. I jumped in to a 1/2 no limit game and just traded dollars most of the time. I got all-in with a big hand pocket aces only to have the other player have the other two aces. I survived a near disaster when he almost rivered a flush. One other all-in doubled me up and decided to drop out of the game and relax with a simple 3/6 game. There were bonus quad and straight flush opportunities and lots of easy tourists, but my cards were pretty dead and I just broke even.

No comments: